Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Original Magpul Sights

Before using the custom Midwest Industries sights that currently ship with the Vector, KRISS USA had worked with Magpul on a set of flip-up metal sights called the "DC/HM Sight System". These have a bit of a lower profile than the MI sights. Why the change? The MI sights are very high quality and were less expensive than the Magpul. (These are not the polymer "MBUS" that Magpul currently produces for the AR platform.) There is also reference of these original Magpul sights not staying in position very well for some folks. I don't know how many of these were produced for KRISS USA, but they seem to be somewhat scarce. I have seen these for sale "used" now and then ranging from $150 to $325+ on the web. The guys at Milspec Monkey have several pictures of the Magpul sights mounted on the Vector from SHOTSHOW 2008.


1 comment:

  1. I have not heard any reference to these not staying in position. But I just bought a set direct from Kriss USA, so i can put them on my Kriss!!! They only cost me $65

    ReplyDelete